Thank you for your interest in serving with Helps Ministries! We are currently inviting candidates to apply for our Director of Finance position. If you are interested and feel you have the necessary experience and qualifications to serve in this capacity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance will direct all activities and deliverables of Finance and Accounting, including the following functions: transaction processing, technical accounting, financial reporting, management analysis and reporting, internal controls, accounting/financial procedures, and assisting with budgeting/forecasting. As the leader of the accounting team, you will collaborate with direct reports in identifying and developing new processes and reporting improvements as organizational needs dictate. You will represent our organization to our missionaries in the field, our customers, our donors, and our vendors. As a member of the leadership team, you will work closely with other leaders, the board of directors, and external auditors.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all related activities for cash receipts, accounts payable, payroll, receipt and bank reconciliations, general ledger accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining tools, systems, and procedures that ensure adequate and appropriate internal controls and financial accuracy and integrity
- Providing routine, ad hoc and critical financial data analysis and trends to senior leadership accurately and timely.
- Leading the annual audit process; working closely with external auditor(s). Coordinating preparation of all annual reports and filing documents.
- Working closely with the Executive Director through the annual budgeting process.
- Supervising, leading and coaching the department staff, effectively managing employee relations, training, and performance.
- Performing as the technical accounting lead for all non-profit accounting requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 4 years’ experience in accounting or finance, including a preferred 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Non-profit reporting experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with fellow employees and donors from different countries with different cultural backgrounds. Experience working with multiple currencies is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting principles, including fund accounting.
- Ability to lead a functional team and contribute to leadership team. Strong leadership, coaching, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to oversee the preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements, including account analysis, financial reporting and general ledger.
- Ability to develop financial reporting standards, develop budgets, and track budget expenses.
- Ability to effectively and accurately explain the numbers (written and oral), adapting style to intended audience.
- Ability to prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Strong ability to provide management with solutions-based financial analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software systems.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks software required. Knowledge of Donor Perfect software preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail and excellent follow-up.
- Self-motivated team player with strong ability to also work independently.
- Last but not least, the candidate can demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus, and is willing to sign our Statement of Faith and to abide by a Christian lifestyle and moral code.